DRH Furnaces drive a current directly through the product utilizing the resistive properties of the product to provide the heating energy for the process.
- Higher yields due to the attainable inert atmosphere
- Minimal thermal losses due to extremely efficient energy conversion from electricity to useful heat
- The “Live product” removes the need for conventional heating methods and thus greatly reduces the plant size
- Generating heat at the core of the furnace allows for cooler wall temperatures and thus the refractory lining has a better service life
- Ultra high temperature treatment of carbon graphite
- Reduction of mineral ores
- Specialised non-oxidising chemical reactions